Brewing pH strips can be used to measure the pH of a liquid, such as kombucha, beer, wine, or water. Here are the steps for using pH strips:
- Obtain a strip of pH paper and remove it from the container.
- Use a clean or other utensil get get a sample of your kombucha from the jar.
- Dip the pH strip into the liquid that you want to test for 1/2 a second.
- Remove the pH strip from the liquid, and hold it with the color side facing up.
- Compare the color of the pH strip with the color chart on the container, to determine the pH of the liquid.
- Record the pH value if keeping a log, and repeat the steps if necessary, to obtain multiple readings.
- Discard the used pH strip, and wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
Brewing pH strips are a simple and convenient way to measure the pH of a liquid, and they are widely used in brewing and other applications. The pH value is an important parameter, as it determines the acidity or alkalinity of a liquid, and it can affect the flavor, aroma, and stability of the liquid. By using pH strips, you can monitor the pH of your liquid, and adjust it as needed, to optimize the brewing process and achieve the desired results.