This recipe is a simple and easy way to make fruit and SCOBY leather, using a dehydrator. The fruit and SCOBY leather is a healthy and tasty snack, and it has a chewy and slightly tangy flavor. You can use any type of fruit puree that you like, and you can adjust the sweetness and flavor to your preference. You can also experiment with different combinations of fruits and flavors, to create unique and delicious fruit and SCOBY leathers. This recipe is a great way to use a SCOBY in a new and creative way, and it can be a fun and tasty way to enjoy kombucha. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of fruit puree (such as berries, pineapple, or mango)
- 1/4 cup of honey or agave nectar (optional, for sweetness)
- 1/4 cup of kombucha (from the first fermentation)
- 1/4 cup of SCOBY (symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast)
- In a blender or food processor, combine the fruit puree, honey or agave nectar, kombucha, and SCOBY. Blend the ingredients until they are smooth and well combined.
- Pour the fruit and SCOBY mixture onto a sheet of parchment paper, and spread it into a thin and even layer.
- Place the parchment paper with the fruit and SCOBY mixture on a dehydrator tray, and dehydrate the mixture at a low temperature (around 95-105°F or 35-40°C) for 12-24 hours, until it is dry and leathery.
- Once the fruit and SCOBY leather is dry and leathery, remove it from the dehydrator, and let it cool to room temperature.
- Cut the fruit and SCOBY leather into desired shapes and sizes, using a sharp knife or kitchen scissors.
- Store the fruit and SCOBY leather in an airtight container, in the refrigerator or at room temperature, for up to 1 month.